Thank you very much for supporting our 2015 event at the Water Park of America. It was another great year! The foundation is grateful for our results and the support we received from all of you.
Christine and Jan Ochocki are holding a fundraiser (boot camp workout) at the Fixx Workout Studio on Friday May 1st. Afterwards includes wine, beer, and appetizers! Details at: www.tinyurl.com/marymoonfixx
Our 2015 event was our fourth event with a goal to exceed proceeds of $22,000. We are excited to announce we beat our goal and will have proceeds of about $25,000 from this year's effort. Our five-year milestone is to achieve $100,000 for our endowment fund at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. We are now less than $18,000 from that goal!
The endowment fund is setup in Mary's name and will live forever in memory of our little girl. The interest earned from the fund will be used by Family Child Life Services to purchase items such as; art and crafts supplies, movies and games, and more to support hospitalized children.
Once we reached our $100,000 goal, a plaque will be created in the lobby of the Children's Hospital in the name of our foundation. We can't wait to achieve that goal next year!
It takes a lot to have a successful event and run the auctions. We greatly appreciate the help and donations from our friends, family, and various organizations that made this all possible. It wouldn't have been successful without you. Money was raised through event registrations, the Xbox One raffle, both the silent and online actions, cash donations, food sales, merchandise sales, and more!
Keys to this year's success and our thanks!
- Our attendance was over 1200 people.
- We had a tremendous amount of auction items that we consolidated to about 150 items to bid on. Many people helped contribute to the solicitation of the auction items; Christine, Marty Malley, Jen Costello, Lisa Seery, Carol Plotnik, Lisa Johnson, Mark Slade, Jackie Herman, Julie Hawkins, Michelle Heikens, Jen Dewhirst, Anna Beery, and many, many others!
- The Xbox One was donated by Scott and Daniela Sommer
- The terrific silent and online auction was executed by Missy Kenninger with help from Katie Thomas and several others.
- Media coverage and awareness (newspaper and television) was led by Alisha Natvig.
- Food and Beverages were led by Brian and Jan Ochocki and the team from Davannis Pizza
- Locker room space was further expanded with our coat rack outside the locker room
- The fabulous website was driven and maintained by Brian Lockwood
- Our DJ - Sarge, again did a fantastic job!
- Everyone loved the Freddie Justice Comedy Hypnosis Show
- Crista Thielen connected us to Dairy Queen for 500 free Dilly Bars
- Michelle Nilson arranged and coordinated the Vendor Show and provided guidance and new ideas this year.
- Our core staff helped with reception, the raffle, marketing, merchandise sales, the auction, and everything that needed to be setup; Steve and Janet Sommer, Marty Malley, Kimberly Carlberg, Tom Kenninger, Corey Olsen, Jen Costello, Jenny Dewhirst, Janelle Gregerson, and many others that assisted in the day-off activities. Thank you!
- Thanks to our sponsors and major cash donors:
- Little Family Foundation
- OBGYN West
- Any many others that donated cash to our event, it was very much appreciated and needed to have a successful event.
- Special thanks to Kohl's Department stores that donated $1500 and over 20 volunteers for more than 60 hours of help making blankets and assistance at the event!
- Lastly, the team at the Water Park of America was great to work with. They helped us with planning, ideas, expectations, the needed communication, and had a great team there the day-of helping us setup. I definitely would recommend the water park to others.
This was truly a special event. Thank you very much for your support and participation. We hope to see you next year!
Sincerely, Peter, Christine, Will, Mary, John, and Katie O'Keefe
Mary Moon Foundation
13585 Flagstaff Ave
Apple Valley, Minnesota 55124
Donations accepted 365 days a year: www.marymoonfoundation.org/donate
Helping hospitalized children feel "over the moon" with essential childhood activities.
Mary "Moon" Jacqueline O'Keefe died at the age of 3 on July 30th, 2009 after a yearlong battle with neuroblastoma, a cancer that is most common in infancy. Mary loved the attention and activities Child Family Life Services provided her at the University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital, this allowed her to be distracted during painful treatments and to be engaged in learning activities while in the hospital.
Please visit Our Foundation to learn more about Mary and her parents' goals with our new foundation.
connect with us
We would love to keep you informed with all of the events we will be planning. Please connect with us to follow Mary's legacy.
We are looking for cash donations, event sponsorships and items for our silent auction. We appreciate your support. Click here to learn how to donate items. Or donate cash:
Mary Moon Foundation on Kare 11: Make A Splash
Listen to Christine’s radio broadcast on Sunday, January 8th 2012.